Today I had the pleasure to be with over 5000 Okalhomans who are tired of the “Out-of-Control Washington Government” wasteful spenders! 5000 plus Oklahomans enjoyed protesting at the Oklahoma Tax Day – Taxed Enough Already “TEA” Party! Taxes are too high and they are going to get higher. The Obama-ites are raising taxes on businesses. Businesses will continue to reduce employment rolls. Unemployment will increase under this fiscal irresponsibility! Business will close, services and goods will cost more. The Obama-ite congressional solution will be more taxes on fuel, goods and services. The cost of living will go up, and the American standard of living will continue to go down towards a depression. Our children and grandchildren will have less and many on the edge of poverty will go into poverty.
This must be the beginning of a new revolution. 2010 is when we vote a new congress into office! 2012 is when we vote in a new President! It is amazing how Americans have become so apathetic concerning this outrageous tax code we have with the IRS. The Boston Tea Party was a revolt over taxation without representation in British Parlament. The tax was actually very little, some say less than 3%. Why are Americans now willing to pay 20% to 50% in their income taxes, or even more taxes IF Obama has it his way? There needs to be a fair tax. It is time to revolt against Washington, DC and elect true representation of the people. The United States of America is the oldest Republic form of governement in the world.! A government of the people representing the people, governed by a constitution. However, the US Congress and rogue judges are governing this country as a tyranny or an oligarchy. This must be stopped before they destroy this country. We need to protect State’s Rights! Texas Governor Perry is calling for Texas Independence as the federal goverment is out of control! Let’s keep this country strong militarily and protect the USA from foriegn invasion through illegal immigration. We need to stop bowing down to the United Nations. Let’s educate and influence those around us to stop being complacent and vote out the socialists and tryannists; and let’s return to a Republic form of government rule that made this country great! Above all, as Christian ministers (as servants) of the Gospel of Jesus Christ we must humble ourselves and pray, then ask God to help give us leaders that love and desire HIS WAYS!
April 4, 2009
While we were sleeping, the Iowa Supreme Court unanimously overturned the state’s ban on ‘gay marriage’ on grounds that it was unconstitutional. Most believers I spoke with in and around Iowa knew little if anything about the Court’s deliberation. Those who did seemed sleepy in their response. And uncertain. Even getting information about the case was difficult and yielded little. To most, ‘gay marriage’ seemed outside the realm of possibility in Iowa.
Time to wake up. Marriage has now been redefined in the heartland: the ruling represents the mainstreaming of ‘gay marriage’ in the USA. As one activist put it: “If Iowa with its common sensibility can do this, why can’t we do this in other states in the country?”
Just as halting ‘gay marriage’ in CA inhibited such action elsewhere, Iowa’s brash judicial action will quicken the resolve of activists to overturn ‘gay marriage’ bans in other states.
How did a state in the heartland become only the third in the nation to redefine marriage for its citizens? And the first in the Midwest?
The answer lies in the power of gay legal activists who target states that look like good prospects. Like Iowa. In spite of its 10-year-old ‘gay marriage’ ban and ‘common sensibility,’ Iowa has a liberal political history, including gay adoption. Iowa also makes it hard for citizens to overturn any Supreme Court decision with a constitutional amendment. State lawmakers must approve any proposed amendment twice over a two-year period before it gets to voters. That means that the earliest Iowans can vote to overturn ‘gay marriage’ would be 2012!
Enter Lambda Legal, a New York-based gay rights organization. Vying for a date with the state Supreme Court, these activists in 2005 filed a lawsuit on behalf of six gay couples who could not marry in Iowa due to its ‘gay marriage’ ban.
A lower court heard the case in 2007 and ruled that the ban was unconstitutional due to the judge’s belief that ‘homosexuality is unchangeable’, that ‘gay parents will not impact the development of their kids’ and that ‘homosexuals are politically powerless.’ All false, especially the last point: gays in Iowa have Lambda Legal, the most powerful reps I know.
The lower court’s ruling was ’stayed’ then appealed to the Supreme Court, which heard the case last January. I could tell by the hearings that the Court was more inclined toward Lambda Legal than the traditional voice. On Friday, the Court announced that it had unanimously redefined marriage. One decision by one court and the most basic institution of the state changes for all of its citizens.
Lambda Legal is currently servicing other states in passing ‘gay marriage’ provisions. In the Midwest, Minnesota and Wisconsin would be the most vulnerable to ‘gay marriage’ due to its liberal political traditions. Like Iowa, their Courts are primed for the likes of strategic activists like Lambda Legal.
What can we do?
1. Wake up! ‘Gay Marriage’ bans can be overturned. We need to be aware of what is going on in our states and take measures to ward off the strategies of groups like Lambda Legal.
2. We need Constitutional Amendments that define marriage for good. We can pray and fight for Iowans over the long haul as they begin the long push toward overturning the Court’s decision with one such amendment. The majority of Iowans and the rest of the US public are still not in favor of ‘gay marriage.’
3. Make the truth known about why marriage matters. Our focus is not ‘anti-gay’; it is pro-marriage. Tell the truth about how marriage best represents to kids; they need man and woman together in order to grow into wholeness. And how God can restore homosexuals to wholeness. If we don’t tell the truth in love, false justice built on false presuppositions advances.
4. Pray. This is in truth a holy war, based on love and reverence for God’s design and the Designer Himself. In a month, Desert Stream will release ‘Honor Marriage for the Good of All’ , a prayer-guide for churches who want to pray wisely for marriage in our land, while seeking God’s heart and strategy for broken people who need healing.
5. Seek true justice and compassion: in this Holy Week, let us pray that we might be please Jesus in surrender to His purposes, including His heart for marriage. Join Desert Stream this week as we pray and fast that neither New England nor other targeted states in the Midwest will fall to ‘gay marriage.’ Also, that the CA Supreme Court will uphold Prop. 8. (Its decision is not yet known.)
“All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke
“Since we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men.” (2Cor. 5:11)
“And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber.” (Romans 13: 11)
USED WITH PERMISSION © 2009 DESERT STREAM MINISTRIES
This article is from Andy Comiskey’s blog.