“If GOP leadership doesn’t understand the basics in Genesis of Imago Dei and human sexuality, they don’t get my support as it is depraved to believe homosexuality is acceptable behavior. Used to be the abortion issue that was politically incorrect, however now homosexuality becomes a litmus test of dividing between conservative character and those who are playing politician.
It is politically incorrect to be for traditional natural marriage, and call homosexuality sin.
You will know them by their fruit of political correctness – their belief on homosexuality.
I want a leader of courage and godly character.”
Yes, I said it! I’ll say it again, “It is child abuse to withhold counseling, therapy and pastoral care from a child or teenager struggling with unwanted same-sex attraction or homosexual behavior when he or she desires change and is seeking help! It is tragic to withhold or prevent counseling from a sexually abused child confused in his or her teenage years when they are seeking help to overcome their unwanted same-sex attraction.”
This is what we are up against today all over the country!
It seems “gay is the only way” in California, New Jersey and the District of Columbia for our youth where they have passed laws preventing therapy and counseling for those under the age of 18. There is a shift taking place in the Church and in our country. The shift is a growing apostasy concerning the normalization of homosexuality among evangelicals. It is just like the proverbial frog in the pan of water set to boil. We cannot even discern just how close we are to the boiling point of death in heretical teachings that allow for “gay Christianity.” It seems few in the Church are concerned. This was revealed recently by the lack of support for HB 1598 – “The Parental and Family Rights in Counseling Protection Act.” Very few Christians are involved in these moral and family policy issues; they are failing to be salt in light in our world.
Many have embraced “Christian Political Correctness” (CPC) with Christian leaders who communicate a seductive kindness and ‘accepting’ tone about homosexuality. Otherwise you will be considered “unkind,” “unloving,” “intolerant,” “homophobic,” “bigoted,” and, of course, “hateful” if speaking in disagreement. It is a tragedy when leaders in the Church and our legislative bodies at the state and federal levels embrace a belief that young people who struggle with unwanted same-sex attraction should embrace only a gay identity, that “gay is the only way.” Some leaders actually believe it is unloving by getting our teens help; they believe that getting them counseling and therapy is harmful. Ridiculous! Some of these leaders have adopted an idea it is okay to be a “gay Christian”. Many lawmakers have bought into a lie that young people who struggle with same-sex attraction, even if they have been sexually abused as children, should embrace homosexuality. They believe people are born gay, even when the all the science is against such beliefs. These “leaders” are believing lies from the gay political agenda and Hollywood. Therefore these “leaders” are knowingly and unknowingly aligned with the gay political agenda in furthering the recruitment of young people into homosexuality. They have become “leaders” who are propagating more child abuse.
Representatives and Christian Leaders – What Do Your Really Believe?
What kind of a leader who says he believes in the family would align himself with such a diabolical plan to recruit more young people into homosexuality? What kind of leader who calls himself or herself a Christian could align with such laws in California, New Jersey, and DC to ban counseling? What kind of leader would vote for such proposed laws in more than 15 other states preventing help for teens with unwanted same-sex attraction? What kind of leader would vote down HB 1598 in Oklahoma knowing it would protect our children? Wouldn’t it be a very deceived leader, who is at the very least naïve or a leader who is not paying close attention to what is going on in our country? Wouldn’t this be a leader who is afraid of gay activists, instead of doing the right thing? Is it possible that these leaders actually know what they are doing and they just don’t care? Men and women who don’t care MUST be replaced with those who do care, who love righteousness, and who love families and children.
Why I support HB 1598 and Representative Sally Kern
Oklahoma House Bill 1598 is preemptive and forward thinking. Representative Sally Kern sees what is happening in other states where gay activists are busy trying to pass laws to stop young people from getting needed and desired counseling. These activists put forward stories of those who are “victims” of therapy and counseling. They focus on the failures of those who were not successful in limiting their unwanted same-sex attractions or homosexual addictive behavior. Much like a drug addict or sex addict, these people who fail, blame the therapists, counselors or ministries instead of taking responsibility for their own desires and behavior. They want to embrace homosexuality and they are free to do so in this country. There is more freedom than ever before in our country to embrace homosexuality. They are completely free to make a choice to embrace homosexuality. However, it is an attack on civil and religious liberties to undermine and stop others from getting help. I am so grateful I was able to find help and lasting freedom from homosexuality in 1983. Anyone who would prevent people from getting help to overcome homosexuality is abusive!
Rep. Sally Kern has more courage than most men in all 50 states legislatures. In 2008, Rep. Kern was excoriated in the national press by gay activists and mocked by many in the media like Ellen DeGeneres. Many Republicans continue to distance themselves from Rep. Kern because they are cowards; they are afraid they will be politically incorrect. They are fearful to be ‘controversial’ and they are afraid to be called down by activists. They communicate in terms of being wise in their political correctness, yet in reality they’re cowards or they embrace homosexuality themselves. Now in 2015, we see the family being redefined in such a way that marriage will mean nothing in a few short years in America. These same lawmakers who believe themselves so wise will find themselves on the wrong side of history, especially on Judgment Day, but that’s for another message.
We will all look back at this time in history and see the reason Representative Sally Kern was under attack. It is a spiritual attack, a diabolical plot to keep homosexuality moving forward in our society. Sally Kern is a woman of courage who had the foresight to see that the political homosexual movement is, in fact, more dangerous in eroding Christian values and destroying the natural family from the inside out, than the threat of terrorism in America. History will show that Representative Kern – a civics and history teacher – a humble grandmother was on the right side of history, even while comedians and colleagues made fun and many so-called ‘Christians’ laughed. A woman who will outshine all her colleagues who are too cowardly to stand with her, unless they hear from us. We must empower these legislators to regroup and to stand in courage with Sally Kern. However, we must all unite in courage to stand with Representative Kern as well. Will you?
Some Very Unpopular Questions No One Wants to Ask or Answer; perhaps you might want to ask Oklahoma Representatives some of these questions. Representatives, What Are You Really Supporting?
I would like to ask all lawmakers and leaders individually, face to face some very unpopular questions, who are unwilling to vote for HB 1598 or other preemptive types of legislation concerning “gay” interests:
- Do you really believe that homosexual behavior is healthy and natural?
- Do you still believe that homosexuality is inborn when all the science points to environmental issues?
- Do you honestly believe the practices of homosexuals are something you can embrace yourself? If not, then why would you prevent a teenager, who is in his or her most formative years of sexual development to get the help they need and want?
- Are you actually are in league with the gay activists in recruiting our youth?
- Why would any leader limit freedom from teenagers from getting counseling they want?
Things you should ask Oklahoma Representatives who are unwilling to vote for HB 1598:
- Are you really for limiting parental rights?
- Are you really for limiting civil liberties and religious liberties for counselors, therapists, and parents?
- Are you paying attention to the political landscape of gay political activists who are trying to pass laws all over the country to suppress counseling for youth and attack businesses and churches that embrace a Biblical worldview on homosexuality as sin?
- Are you willing to go on record for limiting helping and freedom for teenagers?
- Are you willing to go on record by voting against HB 1598 in disregard of self-determination?
- Are you willing to go on record by voting against HB 1598 in complete disregard of civil and religious liberties?
Please contact the following Representatives below, and your own Representative today!
- Please be sure you spread this to every Christian in your email list.
- Make sure you place these four phone calls on Monday, March 9th and Tuesday March 10, 2015.
PLEASE SUPPORT BIBLICAL ISSUES BY MAKING FOUR PHONE CALLS MONDAY MARCH 9, 2015!
Parental and Family Rights in Counseling Protection Act
This gives parents the freedom to engage a counselor to help their own children. It prohibits the state from prosecuting parents or counselors for helping remediate a child who is struggling with same-sex attractions. See First Stone Press Release. (Background documents “why” I support HB 1598)
Preservation of Sovereignty and Marriage Act
This makes it illegal for the state of Oklahoma to recognize same-sex marriages and requires the removal of any judge who violates the act.
Bill must be scheduled by Wednesday, March 11 to be heard on the House floor by the deadline for bills to be heard. (Deadline is Thursday, March 12.)
WHO TO CALL:
Calls should be made to the speaker of the house as well as to the three legislators (floor leaders) who organize the floor agenda for the speaker. The floor leaders are legislators who were appointed by the speaker and for the most part make the decisions as to which bills get heard and organize the agenda. The Speaker is consulted, but will only weigh in if there are bills he insists get heard. Each of the four needs to be called and emailed.
TO VISIT THEM FACE TO FACE:
A visit to the Capitol would be required to actually speak to any of these people face to face. You may drop by their offices of go to the floor when they are in session and call them out. Calling them out of session is not an irritation to them and a regular part of their day. To do this, you will fill out a request card which the lobby attendant will deliver to the house member. He will come out when he has a moment.
SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE
Jeff Hickman firstname.lastname@example.org (HD 58 R) 405-557-7339 Room 401 LA: Leila Laird
MAJORITY FLOOR LEADER
Charles Ortega email@example.com (HD 52 R) (405) 557-7369 Room 442 LA: Jamie Hudson
“ASSISTANT” FLOOR LEADERS
Jason Nelson firstname.lastname@example.org (HD 87 R) (405) 557-7335 Room 305A LA: Megan Winburn
Lisa Billy email@example.com (HD 42 R) (405) 557-7365 Room 440 LA: Saprina Crosthait
Note: “LA” is “Legislative Assistant”
You can read the bills online:
April 4, 2009
While we were sleeping, the Iowa Supreme Court unanimously overturned the state’s ban on ‘gay marriage’ on grounds that it was unconstitutional. Most believers I spoke with in and around Iowa knew little if anything about the Court’s deliberation. Those who did seemed sleepy in their response. And uncertain. Even getting information about the case was difficult and yielded little. To most, ‘gay marriage’ seemed outside the realm of possibility in Iowa.
Time to wake up. Marriage has now been redefined in the heartland: the ruling represents the mainstreaming of ‘gay marriage’ in the USA. As one activist put it: “If Iowa with its common sensibility can do this, why can’t we do this in other states in the country?”
Just as halting ‘gay marriage’ in CA inhibited such action elsewhere, Iowa’s brash judicial action will quicken the resolve of activists to overturn ‘gay marriage’ bans in other states.
How did a state in the heartland become only the third in the nation to redefine marriage for its citizens? And the first in the Midwest?
The answer lies in the power of gay legal activists who target states that look like good prospects. Like Iowa. In spite of its 10-year-old ‘gay marriage’ ban and ‘common sensibility,’ Iowa has a liberal political history, including gay adoption. Iowa also makes it hard for citizens to overturn any Supreme Court decision with a constitutional amendment. State lawmakers must approve any proposed amendment twice over a two-year period before it gets to voters. That means that the earliest Iowans can vote to overturn ‘gay marriage’ would be 2012!
Enter Lambda Legal, a New York-based gay rights organization. Vying for a date with the state Supreme Court, these activists in 2005 filed a lawsuit on behalf of six gay couples who could not marry in Iowa due to its ‘gay marriage’ ban.
A lower court heard the case in 2007 and ruled that the ban was unconstitutional due to the judge’s belief that ‘homosexuality is unchangeable’, that ‘gay parents will not impact the development of their kids’ and that ‘homosexuals are politically powerless.’ All false, especially the last point: gays in Iowa have Lambda Legal, the most powerful reps I know.
The lower court’s ruling was ’stayed’ then appealed to the Supreme Court, which heard the case last January. I could tell by the hearings that the Court was more inclined toward Lambda Legal than the traditional voice. On Friday, the Court announced that it had unanimously redefined marriage. One decision by one court and the most basic institution of the state changes for all of its citizens.
Lambda Legal is currently servicing other states in passing ‘gay marriage’ provisions. In the Midwest, Minnesota and Wisconsin would be the most vulnerable to ‘gay marriage’ due to its liberal political traditions. Like Iowa, their Courts are primed for the likes of strategic activists like Lambda Legal.
What can we do?
1. Wake up! ‘Gay Marriage’ bans can be overturned. We need to be aware of what is going on in our states and take measures to ward off the strategies of groups like Lambda Legal.
2. We need Constitutional Amendments that define marriage for good. We can pray and fight for Iowans over the long haul as they begin the long push toward overturning the Court’s decision with one such amendment. The majority of Iowans and the rest of the US public are still not in favor of ‘gay marriage.’
3. Make the truth known about why marriage matters. Our focus is not ‘anti-gay’; it is pro-marriage. Tell the truth about how marriage best represents to kids; they need man and woman together in order to grow into wholeness. And how God can restore homosexuals to wholeness. If we don’t tell the truth in love, false justice built on false presuppositions advances.
4. Pray. This is in truth a holy war, based on love and reverence for God’s design and the Designer Himself. In a month, Desert Stream will release ‘Honor Marriage for the Good of All’ , a prayer-guide for churches who want to pray wisely for marriage in our land, while seeking God’s heart and strategy for broken people who need healing.
5. Seek true justice and compassion: in this Holy Week, let us pray that we might be please Jesus in surrender to His purposes, including His heart for marriage. Join Desert Stream this week as we pray and fast that neither New England nor other targeted states in the Midwest will fall to ‘gay marriage.’ Also, that the CA Supreme Court will uphold Prop. 8. (Its decision is not yet known.)
“All that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” Edmund Burke
“Since we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade men.” (2Cor. 5:11)
“And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber.” (Romans 13: 11)
USED WITH PERMISSION © 2009 DESERT STREAM MINISTRIES
This article is from Andy Comiskey’s blog.
Federal Election Results
Post elections reveal that Oklahoma is truly a conservative state. Every county in Oklahoma overwhelmingly voted for the Republican ticket for President of the USA – John McCain and Sarah Palin. I am so proud to be an Oklahoman. Oklahoma sends all the incumbents (Senator Jim Inhofe(R), Representatives: Tom Cole(R), John Sullivan(R), Frank Lucas(R), Dan Boren(D), and Mary Fallin(R)) back to the U.S. Congress, none of those votes closer than 10 percent. Eastern Oklahoma (where political corruption is the game) needs a clean up; perhaps in future elections, Dan Boren will be removed, however, Boren is a much better choice than 90% of other Democrat Representatives in the US House. He does lean more to the center in conservatism; other wise Oklahomans wouldn’t stand for it, especially on social issues.
Oklahoma State Election Results
On the state level, conservative Dana Murphy(R) upsets the very liberal, openly gay Jim Roth(D) in that contentious short-term Corporation Commissioner race. The numbers aren’t in yet, but Jim Roth outspent Murphy 2 to 1. Yet Oklahomans made the best choice, not based on beautiful campaign signs and advertisement, but on character and better qualifications. Jeff Cloud won the full-term Corporation Commissioner vote. A historic event for Oklahoma, the Republicans captured the state Senate for the first time ever! Oklahomans also added 4 republican seats to the house.
I rejoice that Sally Kern was re-elected despite the fierce hateful campaigning by the gay activists and their Democrat candidate gay funded Ron Marlett. Rep. Kern overcame it all! I watched the last six months of intolerance and hate spewing out against Rep. Kern. I am very thankful that this kind woman retains her seat in the Oklahoma House to represent conservative values.
Oklahoma City: I was sad that we did not give our mayor and city council the needed raise. However, Oklahomans are also tired of more taxes, therefore the salaries being doubled for mayor and council must have seemed unnecessary especially in these difficult economic times.
Oklahoma is a great state!
Homosexuals are outrageously hypocrital! The very crowd that says they are for tolerance, and “say no hate” are the most intolerant and hateful people when they do not get their own way! Thus revealing the deeper need of a heart change. God Have Mercy!
Activists protest at temple: Thousands demand the LDS church be stripped of tax-exempt status for its Prop. 8 contributions (Other gay bloggers have asked for people to burn the temple down).
Perspective helps in understanding the root causes behind those who are so hypocritical. As one newscaster so eloquently said, “it is the outpouring of adolescent behavior of those who demand tolerance, yet who will not give tolerance.” Homosexuals are some of the most wounded people I have ever known; I should know, I was one. When you see the angry mob, we must as Christians remember the hypocrisy comes from deep rooted rejection, insecurity, abuse, abandonment and bitterness. When the human heart becomes so polluted and broken we should expect violent tempers. We should understand the adolescent entitlement mentality comes from pain, however we need to stand firm against it, and continue to offer compassion and help. God help us all!
Angry Mob of Gays Beat Girl with her own Bible in the Castro District, San Francisco, CA
CBN Coverage of the Angry Gay Mob…
November 5, 2008 – Today is historic in American politics. We have elected a very young inexperienced eloquently speaking charismatic, youth-drawing biracial Democrat President, and a newly empowered Democrat controlled Congress of the United States of America. I really do not like all the focus on his skin color, and how this has been played out by the media and so many blacks in America. I know that those who are black and have been oppressed years ago feel a sense of pride based upon race. Yet, this historic event is so much more about real issues facing our country, the Obama character, his inexperience and his ability to lead our country as President which has nothing to do with skin color. There are so many risks in so many areas!
I have asked the question, “What it will be like to have Obama, Reid and Pelosi leading our executive and legislative branches of the government?” Well we are getting ready to find out. I really do wish President-elect Obama and his wife and precious daughters the very best. I hope he can actually be a good president, but I have serious doubts based upon the facts about him and his history. I do not feel I can trust this President. His campaign made it clear he is liberal. What about the many details of the Democrat Party Agenda and where he has typically landed far left in these ideals? I am very concerned about the future of our country.
Watching what will transpire:
Obama Log – what happens from today through the first 100 days of an Obama Presidency?
DAY ONE – November 5, 2008
- Number one exiting poll concern, “the economy” it is all about the money in the USA = Obama victory.
- The Dow Plunges 468 points welcoming the idea of a Obama Presidency. Donald Trump says this is a disaster, and never in our history has a president been elected with the point level dropping so low after the election day; 2009 looks very grim financially for the USA.
- Russia says missles are coming to next to Polland, in the Kaliningrad enclave – is this an Obama test? More to come?
- Media says, “Now we will get to know who this man is that we have elected?” Wished the American people would have found out first.
- Hamas has fired multiple rockets into Israel today. Another test?
DAY TWO – November 6, 2008
- Many other countries in the world are hailing Obama as their Messiah and President of the World. Interesting, “their Messiah and President of the World?”
DAY THREE – November 7, 2008
- Obama calls for “swift action” on the economy! His press conference today demands the Bush administration to give out a stimus package. SPEND MONEY NOW! Unbelievable! This President-Elect is acting like he is the President, how disrespectful to the seated President! Isn’t this arrogant and disrespectful? Should be interesting to see what the swift action will be and the outcome of the Obama Administration. Mr. President-Elect, this is November 7th, not January 20th.
- The press asked President-Elect Obama: Obama Swipes at Nancy Reagan.
“Have you spoken to any living ex-presidents,” one reporter asked. “I was wondering what books you might be reading, everyone wants to know what kind of dog are you going to buy for your girls, and have you decided on a private or public school for your daughters?”Obama responded: “Hey, I didn’t want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any séances . . . ”
The remark garnered a laugh from the press, though the statement was not true.
In fact, it was First Lady Hillary Clinton who admitted to having at least one séance in the White House residence in which she and a small circle of friends summoned the spirit of Eleanor Roosevelt.
DAY SIX – November 10, 2008
- President-elect Obama and his wife Michelle make an historic move today with a six day post election visit to the White House; this is one of the earliest president-elect visits after the election in modern history.
- Condoms Trump Abstinence in Obama Global AIDS Policy – Reversing Bush Administration of Abstinence Policies – Democrats the party of free sex, condom parties for everyone!
- Georgia congressman warns of Obama dictatorship in the order liken unto the first months of Hitler’s rule.
DAY SEVEN – November 11
- No audit for the Obama Campaign, but there will be for the McCain Campaign. Why is there always a double standard for Democrats?
DAY EIGHT – November 12
- A Pastor to the president to be replaced by a gay bishop?
- Liberal ‘sex agenda’ may seize political opportunity in the Obama Administration.
DAY NINE – November 13, 2008
- It has become evident that President-elect Barack Hussein Obama’s team has been involved in secret meetings with Hamas, a known terrorist organization the month prior to the election on November 4, 2008. Do we need a security check on the President-elect?
What will the USA be like with these three dangerously liberal Democrats leading our country?
Watch the videos below!
Obama no experience, and his running mate Joe Biden gurantees the American people that if Barack Obama is elected the USA will be involved in an international crisis!
Obama too risky to be our Commander and Chief!
Obama and his dangerous associations:
Obama for change:
An Overview of Pelosi as Speaker of the House
It is naive to believe Democrats on tax policies. They present one thing and they will actually tax the American people at another rate – HIGHER TAXES FOR EVERYONE!
The three leading branches of government controlled by the Democrats is very dangerous for the USA!
SO… what will it look like with these dangerous liberal democrats in control of the USA? Read the following letter to get a sneak peek from the future. A letter from a Christian – October 2012 after almost 4 years of Barack Obama as President and a Democrat Congress. This letter was produced by Focus on the Family. It is prophetic and quite frankly, very scary. This letter is a MUST READ.